Join us for the 2021 Senior Fall Classic!
Open for athletes aged 45+, there will be several options to participate in the following divisions: 45-60 male, 45-60 female, 61+ male, and 61+ female.
The goal of the Senior Fall Classic initiative is to offer sports for athletes that are reaching an age threshold where current Special Olympics Kansas sports offering prevent them from competing. Current Fall sports (softball, golf, swimming and volleyball) are more geared towards younger, able bodied athletes. This does not replace opportunities for this age group at different times of the year, it only gives them a new one during what may normally be a down-time.
These sports are low intensity, life-time sports that are done in a community based, festive atmosphere while also providing a competitive outlet.
We want this to be about getting our athletes together with their Special Olympics Kansas community and being physically active.
Athletes can register for one bocce event, one cornhole event, and up to
two walking events.
- Bocce Singles
- Bocce Singles – Short Court
- Bocce Doubles
- Bocce Doubles – Short Court
- Cornhole Singles
- Cornhole Singles – Short Court
- Cornhole Doubles
- Cornhole Doubles – Short Court
- 10m & 25m Race Walk
- 10m & 25m Assisted Race Walk
- 50m, 100m, 200m, & 400m Walk
- 4x100m Walk Relay
- 10m Manual Wheelchair Event
- 10m Motorized Wheelchair Event
- 25m Manual Wheelchair Race
- 25m Motorized Wheelchair Race
- 30m & 50m Manual Wheelchair Slalom
- 30m & 50m Motorized Wheelchair Slalom
- 100m Manual Wheelchair Race
- 100m Motorized Wheelchair Race
Note: Cornhole and bocce equipment needed for training may be
available upon request.
Date: Saturday, October 30
Location: Rock Chalk Park, 6100 Rock Chalk Dr, Lawrence, KS 66049
8am – Team Check-in Opens
10 am – Group Stretch/Warm-up on-field led by a professional instructor
10:30am-12:00pm – Sports
12 pm – Lunch (Team Meal Provided)
1 pm–4 pm – Sports
The event is open to any athlete that is 45+.
Local Program Coordinators should contact Tim Rehder at email@example.com to get a registration packet
October 7 – Registration Packet due date
Active Medical/Release and COVID forms